Welcome to WSI! Now that you’re on the team, you have access to a wide array of benefits to help you get or stay healthy, balanced and financially secure. You’ll receive some benefits automatically, while you’ll need to enroll in others.
Here’s a basic timeline of when you’ll need to sign up for WSI’s various plans and programs.
Within Your First 31 Days
As an active full-time, benefits-eligible associate, you have 31 days from your full-time date of hire to enroll in benefits.
- Explore your medical, dental and vision options, and then enroll in the plans of your choice.
- Look into your life insurance and disability insurance. You’re automatically enrolled in Basic Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance (except non-exempt CA associates), but if you want Supplemental Life Insurance or Optional Long-Term Disability Insurance, this is your time to enroll in them.
- Save money while taking care of your eligible loved ones by enrolling in the Dependent Care FSA. You can use pretax dollars to pay for eligible dependent care expenses like day care, after-school programs and elder care programs.
- You also may want to purchase Critical Illness, Supplemental Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance, which can provide an additional layer of protection against unexpected medical costs.
- Sign up for MetLaw to get access to a national network of more than 13,000 attorneys for a low monthly premium. It’s a great way to save money on important legal transactions, from drafting your will to managing real estate matters.
Your benefits will be effective the first day of the month following your date of hire or change to active full-time status. Short-term disability coverage is effective 90 days after your date of hire or change to active full-time status.
After your 31st day, you won’t be able to enroll in or make changes to these benefits until the next Open Enrollment, unless you have a Qualifying Life Event, like getting married or having a baby.
Although you can take advantage of these programs at any time, the sooner you enroll in them or start using them, the sooner you’ll start reaping the rewards.
- Start building for your future with the WSI 401(k) Plan. You can contribute 1%–75% of your eligible earnings on a pretax basis, up to the IRS limit of $19,500 for 2021.
- Use the Wellness Program to make the right decisions to improve your physical fitness and manage your stress. You even have the chance to earn financial incentives for making healthy choices.
- Spend less on your commute to and from work with the Commuter Benefits Program. Use pretax dollars to pay for parking or public transportation expenses.
- Take advantage of the many discounts on products and services offered to WSI associates.
See the WSI Full-Time, Benefits-Eligible Associate FAQs for additional eligibility information for you and your dependents.